DAL GOSHT MASALA
- Soak the lentils( toover dal ½ cup/masoor dal ¼ cup/chana dal ¼ cup) in cold water for 1-2 hours. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp oil in a pressure vessel and allow it to heat up for a minute. Add ½ tspn cumin seeds, add 2 slices onion to the pot and once they start to brown, Add 500 gms clean and washed goat meat. Stir-fry for 6-7 minutes, or until the meat has browned.
- Add one tspn Ahura thikoo chilly, 50 gms Ahura ginger garlic paste, 2 tspn Ahura Dal gosht masala and stir, then add two diced tomatoes. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the tomatoes break down.
- Add the drained lentils to the pot along with the 4 cups of water and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 30 minutes at high pressure.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Garnish with chopped mint and coriander leaves and serve hot.
Notes: When the dal is done, it will look similar to a thin soup however as it cools down, it will thicken.