Serves 2-3 persons
- In a pressure cooker add the soaked and drained 250 gms chickpeas, 2 tea bags, bay leaves-4, cardamom-4, cinnamon stick-8, salt and 4 to 5 cups water for 10-12 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil, add 8 cloves and grated onions 1 cup. Fry the onions till brown.Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté, add the tomato puree , stir and cook for 12-15 minutes. Add the Ahura chole masala 2 tea spoon,Ahura Red chilly powder ½ tea spoon, ½ spoon Ahura Cumin powder, salt to taste and mix for a 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and Ahura kasuri methi a pinch.cook for 2 minutes. Add water to consistency. simmer at 30 minutes add water for gravy if
- Serve in plate garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with roti, paratha or plain rice.