Another stalwart of the Parsi Cuisine, Dhansak Daal (better known as just ‘Dhansak’,) flavored with Indian spices and inspired by ancient Persian cooking methods, manages to draw attention to its impressive manner of bringing hearty vegetables, a meat of choice and wholesome lentils together in one delicious pot of goodness.
And the two traditional accompaniments to the worthy Dhansak Daal are long grain rice like Basmati cooked in caramelized oil with whole spices, and a Kachumber salad (which will remind you of Mexican ‘Pico de Gallo’ with cucumber and a dressing of red vinegar in place of lemon.)
• Add oil 50 ml in a pan. A
• Add 10 gms cumin, add 1 chopped onion, 5-6 chopped garlic cloves, 20 gms ginger garlic paste and sauté, add 3 tomatoes paste, salt, 10 gms Ahura chili powder,10 gms Ahura coriander powder, 5 gms Ahura turmeric powder, 20 gms Ahura Dhansak masala, ¼ bunch fenugreek leaves mix well cook for 5 minutes.
• Add 200 gms split pigeon peas, 200 gms split lentils, washed and cut cubes of ½ inches of one potato, 2 brinjals and 100 gms pumpkins, add water 400 ml.
• Pressure Cook for 15 minutes, add water to consistency.
• Cook for 5 minutes and mix well in blender. Add salt to taste. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Shelf Life - 12 months.
- Storage Information - Store in a cool and dry place.
- Ingredients - Kasuri Methi, Curry Leaves, Coriander, Cumin, Chilly, Turmeric, Clove, Bay Leaves, Black Pepper, Garlic, Staranise, Salt, Fennel, Mace, Nag Kesar, Big Cardamom, Mustard, Fenugreek, Ginger, Asafoetida, Dry Mango, Poppy Seeds, Nutmeg, Cassia, Edible Oil