This spice is spicy, tangy, delicious. Chana masala, also called chole masala, is believed to have originated in northern India. “Chana” means chickpea and “masala” refers to a blend of spices used in Indian cooking. It’s a popular dish throughout India and Pakistan, with recipes varying by region. And it’s also gained popularity around the world.
• Pressure Cook 200 gms soaked black Bengal grams (kala chana) by adding pinch of salt and turmeric powder, keep aside.
• In a pan take 50 gms oil add 10 gms whole jeera, 2 chopped onions, 20 gms ginger garlic paste and sauté till onion softness, • sauté till onion cooks to brown. Add 2 tomatoes, 4-5 finely chopped green chili, 10 gms dry mango powder, pinch turmeric powder.
• Add boiled black Bengal gram and sprinkle 20 gms Ahura Chana Masala. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes. Garnish with fine chopped onions and coriander leaves.
Shelf Life - 12 months.
- Storage Information - Store in a cool and dry place.
- Ingredients - Clove Stem, Coriander, Cumin, Chilly, Chilly, Clove, Black Pepper, Salt, Fennel, Carway Seed, Mace, Big Cardamom, Mustard, Fenugreek, Ginger, Asafoetida, Dry Mango, Cassia, Black Salt, Gram Dal