Sambhar is a wonder recipe from the South of India and can be aptly described as a 'designer health food'. The various dals, vegatables, spices and condiments that go into a typical Sambhar gives all the nutrients the body needs. This masala is very subtle and not overpowering hence can be used by anyone across even if they are not native to making this dish.
Sambhar can be had with rice as a South Indian does it almost everyday, or with Idlis, Wadas, Potato Wadas etc. Sambhar, especially with Idlis has gained universal acceptance in India, and is considered as an excellent diet food.
• BOIL 1 CUP RED GRAM SPLIT(TUVER DAL)IN ½ LTR OF WATER. ADD 1 TSPN AHURA TURMERIC POWDER AND 1 TSP OF OIL IN A PRESSURE COOKER BEFORE COOKING.
• HEAT 2 TSP OIL IN A PAN AND ADD 1 TSP MUSTERD SEEDS TO SPLUTTER.
• THEN ADD 6 CUT ONIONS AND 3 GREEN CHILLIES SLIT IN CENTREOF PAN. NOW ADD 10 CURRY LEAVES, ½ TSP AHURA ASAFOETIDA AND 2 RIPE TOMATOES CHOPPED FINALLY.
• STIR AND FRY.
• ADD 2 CUP OF WATER, 2 TSP TAMARIND PULP AND SALT. CONTINUE TO STIR. NOW ADD 3 TSP OF AHURA SAMBHAR MASALA AND STIR FOR 5 MINUTES.
• USING THE HAND BLENDER COURSELY BLEND THE DAL FROM PRESURE COOKER AND ADD TO THE PAN.
• BIOL FOR 8-10 MINUTES. REMOVE FROM FLAME AND GARNISH WITH CHOPPED CORIANDER LEAVES.
• SERVE HOT WITH DOSAS, IDLIS OR RICE.
Shelf Life - 12 months.
- Storage Information - Store in a cool and dry place.
- Ingredients - BOILED RICE, CLOVE STEM, KASURI METHI, CURRY LEAVES CORIANDER, CUMIN, CHILLY, TURMERIC, CLOVE, BLACK PEPPER, STARANISE, SALT, TRIFLA, BIG CARDAMOM, MUSTARD, FENUGREEK, GINGER, ASAFOETIDA, DRY MANGO, CASSIA, SESAME, WHITE PEPPER, DRY COCONUT, GRAM DAL, URAD DAL,TUVER DAL