Dal Gosht or Daal Gosht - is one of the very popular Mutton Recipes in Pakistan and India. It is basically a mutton simmered with spices, mixture of toor dal and masoor dal, or just any either of them. Whereas, dalchaa is mutton simmered with spices and chana dal (split bengal gram dal) with slight different method. Be it a Dal Gosht recipe or a Dalchaa, this is very frequent menu from my kitchen. And not just myself, but my family is a huge – huge fan of this irresistible mutton delicacy.
- Soak The Lentils( Tour Dal ½ Cup/Masoor Dal ¼ Cup/Chana Dal ¼ Cup) In Cold Water For 1-2 Hours. Drain, Rinse And Set Aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp Oil In A Pressure Vessel And Allow It To Heat Up For A Minute. Add ½ tspn Cumin Seeds, Add 2 Slices Onion To The Pot And Once They Start To Brown, Add 500 gms Clean And Washed Goat Meat. Stir-Fry For 6-7 Minutes, Or Until The Meat Has Browned.
- Add One Tspn Ahura Thikoo Chilly, 50 gms Ahura Ginger Garlic Paste, 2 tspn Ahura Dal Gosht Masala And Stir, Then Add Two Diced Tomatoes. Cook For 4-5 Minutes, Or Until The Tomatoes Break Down.
- Add The Drained Lentils To The Pot Along With The 4 Cups Of Water And Salt To Taste. Mix Well.
- Secure The Lid, Close The Pressure Valve And Cook For 30 Minutes At High Pressure.
- Allow The Pressure To Release Naturally.
- Garnish With Chopped Mint And Coriander Leaves And Serve Hot.
Shelf Life - 12 months.
- Storage Information - Store in a cool and dry place.
- Ingredients - Kasuri Methi,Curry Leaves,Coriander, Cumin,Chilly,Turmeric, Clove, Bay Leaves, Blackpepper, Garlic, Staranise, Salt, Fennel, Mace, Nag Kesar, Big Cardamom, Mustard, Fenufreek, Ginger, Asafoetida, Dry Mango, Poppy Seeds, Nutmeg, Cassia,Edible Oil