‘Paya’ is an Urdu word that means mutton trotter or foot. Paya curry is not something that is included in our daily curries. It is considered as traditional food, cooked especially during festivals and huge gatherings. Special care is taken while cleaning the trotters in order to eliminate any unpleasant smell. A special blend of spices is also added to make the curry extremely flavorful and delicious.
- Add 1 tbsp garlic paste and 1 tbsp salt in approx. 1 kg (4 nos) cleaned paya (hooves) pcs in 15 cups of hot water and boil for 10 minutes. Then drain the water.
- In 12 cups of boiling water add paya pcs (hooves), half sliced onion, 2 tspn Ahura ginger and garlic paste. Cover and cook in pressure cooker until the hooves are tender (goat/lamb ½ hour)
- Separately heat 2 tbsp oil/ghee and fry remaining one chopped onion until golden. Add 2 chopped tomatoes Add Ahura Paya masala 2 tspn and one cup whipped yogurt. Stir fry for few minutes and add cooked Paya Curry.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 30-45 minutes.
Shelf Life - 12 months.
- Storage Information - Store in a cool and dry place.
- Ingredients - KASURI METHI, CURRY LEAVES, CORIANDER, CUMIN, CHILLY, TURMERIC, CLOVE, BAY LEAVES, BLACK PEPPER, GARLIC, STARANISE, SALT, FENNEL, MACE, NAG KESAR, BIG CARDAMOM, MUSTARD, FENUFREEK, GINGER, ASAFOETIDA, DRY MANGO, POPPY SEEDS, NUTMEG, CASSIA, EDIBLE OIL